Religion and protest converge and diverge and in pursuit of various ends, making careful analysis of religion and protest, as a prototypical manifestation of transcultural pressures, necessary.
- Which religious actors protest, when, why and how?
- Which traditional resources are called upon in the service of or resistance to protest?
- Where do conditions for inter- and trans-religious cooperation or horizontal solidarity appear and why?
- And how are protest and religion to be studied, with which methods, and at what level of involvement?
- What are the values, emotions and possibilities for renewal inreligiously motivated or censored protest?
The conference will yield a volume to be published by Equinox publishers, who also publishes ESITIS’s highly-ranked, peer-reviewed journal Interreligious Studies and Intercultural Theology.
SUBMIT A SHORT-PAPER PROPOSAL! See the following page for more details on these five topics.
Send your proposal of 300 words, mentioning a specific section, to Prof. Jude Lal Fernando by January21, 2022
SHARE this Call for Papers on social media and in your professional circles, using the hashtags #ESITIS2022 and #sacredprotest!